Make : Grow : Thrift

Each Monday you can link to a post on your blog sharing with us something that is handmade, homegrown, homemade (such as a recipe) or recycled/thrifted.

This does not need to be craft or sewing based. This is all about making our lives a little greener week by week.

This week I've started planning my next quilting project - told you I've been bitten by the bug!
Last time I made it up as I went along.  This time I need to do a little more planning.


Miss 9 is in desperate need of a new bed skirt.  The one she has is ill-fitting - it's meant for a king single - and it doesn't reach the floor.


So I've taken my measurements of the bed base and have created a template for the quilting pieces.
It will be similar to Miss 13's bed quilt in design where I plan on quilting the pieces as I go.


The problem I have is fabric choice.  I have oodles of cute girly fabric scraps which I would love to use up but I know she will want something a little more older looking very soon. Like all quilting projects, it will be costly and time consuming so I need to spend time getting the fabric combo right.

What have you been up to?
Don't forget you can also upload your photo's to The Haby Goddess facebook page.

Add this button to your blog to let others know you are making a difference this year. Just copy & paste the code below.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You have some beautiful fabrics there Jodie :-)